In 1971, the Mathilde Schechter Residence Hall Trust was established between the Jewish Theological Seminary and the National Women’s League of the United Synagogue for the purpose of constructing a residence hall for women students. The groundbreaking occurred in 1974. The dedication took place on May 23, 1976.
Syd Rossman, Torah Fund/Residence Hall Patron’s Society Chair, Chancellor Louis Finkelstein, and Selma Rappaport, Women’s League President, symbolically break ground for the residence hall.
520 8th Ave., 4th Floor, New York, NY 10018 | Phone: 405-870-1260 | firstname.lastname@example.org