Women’s League has over 100 years of experience as the source for all sisterhood needs. It continues to provide informative publications and handy resources directly to the women who run their sisterhoods. But most importantly, with a phone call or email, you can speak directly to one of the many experienced and skilled volunteers and Women’s League directors for first-hand personal assistance no matter what the issue.
If your women’s group or sisterhood would like to join the Women’s League network, please contact us at 212.870.1260, or email Razel Kessler, Administrator.
Every sisterhood is entitled to an array of customized services from Women’s League designed to meet its specific needs. Find out how to enhance your sisterhood’s image in the synagogue and in the community. Help your sisterhood thrive by helping your leadership acquire the information and skills they need. You know you have a lot to offer. Now learn how to let everyone else in on the secret! For a full menu of services and to request a consultant, click here.
Invite Us In – The leadership of Women’s League has a long history of personally reaching out to the sisterhoods in our network.
- WLCJNet: The Sisterhood Without Walls Need advice for stimulating programs? Run out of fundraising ideas? Looking for a sisterhood connection while on vacation? Want suggestions for growing your membership? Answers to all of these and more can be yours by joining WLCJNet, Women’s League’s email discussion group. It’s an online meeting, open every day except Shabbat and Jewish holidays, where we share ideas, exchange opinions, and discuss “out of the box” innovations. To sign up, email Sherry Lynn Rubin, Moderator, or Lois Silverman, Communications Co-Chair with your name, e-mail address, sisterhood’s name, and region; individual WLCJ members are encouraged to join. We’ll add you to the list, and you can join the conversation!
- PrezNet is open to sisterhood presidents only. You can ask questions, voice opinions or frustrations and get helpful suggestions from other presidents who have grappled with the same issues. It is an excellent tool for new presidents and a source of a valuable information and support from experienced presidents. To sign up, email Moderator Toby Maser. Join us and let your voice be heard.
Use the technology of conference calls and webinars to bring advice, tips & tricks, and first-hand experience directly into your home. In addition to saving you time and money, you will be able to apply your new knowledge in your sisterhood immediately.
Guides on a variety of topics are available for sisterhood leadership. To access these sisterhood specific materials please log in.
- The Sisterhood Advisor: Handbook for Sisterhoods
- Publicity, brochures, social networking, the media, and more
- Ways to the Means: Planning successful fundraising projects
- Blueprint for Membership: Building sisterhood membership from the group up
Other useful materials include:
- Communications Distance Workshop Part I: What’s in your toolbox?
- Communications Distance Workshop Part II: What Women’s League has to offer
- Divrei Nashim: unique mini-lessons to open meetings or events with the study of Jewish texts and ideas
- Guidelines for Rosh Chodesh Groups
- Toward Sisterhood Success updates
- Learning for Learning’s Sake
- Jewels in the Crown Awards
- Social Media
- Growing Leadership
- Social action campaigns