Women’s League has designed sophisticated day-long, member-led programs that focus on the biblical texts of the book of Psalms and of the Five Megillot in anticipation of the holidays on the Jewish calendar on which they are read. Each study guide includes English texts and step-by-step lesson plans.
Delve into these books of the Bible using a variety of approaches:
- Intertextual study (reading two different texts in their relation to one another
- Feminist interpretations
- Canonicity (how did the text come to be included in the TANAKH/Bible)
- Interdisciplinary study (in conjunction with art, music and secular literature, etc.)
Each unit contains four or more detailed study guides for the leaders that include:
- Discussion questions with answers
A separate package of texts is provided for the participants.
A Jewish handcraft project that complements the text is included featuring:
- Background information about the ritual object or handcraft
Shir HaShirim (Song of Songs)
Because of the artistic nature of the material, it can only be purchased.
- Bible (Rabbi Judy Weiss)
- The Rabbinic Allegory of The Song of Songs (Debra Band)
- The Song of Songs in Illuminated Text (Debra Band, author and illuminator of The Song of Songs: The Honeybee in the Garden)
- Reflections of The Song of Songs in secular love poetry (Shira Kogen)
- Six track cd of Hebrew music based on Shir HaShirim with study guide of the lyrics (Danielle Bensimhon and Bat-Ami Moses)
- Paper cut projects for adults and children (Debra Band)