Health – Universal Healthcare (1976)
Women’s League for Conservative Judaism recognizes that adequate health care is a basic right of all, regardless of age or ability to pay. To assure that such care is made available, Women’s League urges:
The Congress to enact legislation establishing a National Health Insurance program to include:
- Provision for community-based preventive medicine and health education.
- Home and community-based care for disabled individuals of all ages.
- Home and community-based comprehensive long term care (covering both at home care and nursing home care) and protection for all families against impoverishment.
- Catastrophic Health Care (Acute Care related to a specific illness).
- Establishing clinics responsive to the needs of the local community as a cost-efficient alternative to hospital emergency facilities.
- An affordable and equitable financing method.