How to Live Forever – Family Heirlooms: What are they? What to do with them? – Thursday, October 28th @ 7:30 PM ET
October 28, 2021
How to Live Forever – Session 5
Family Heirlooms: What are they? What to do with them?
Family heirlooms can be just about anything, as long as there is sentimental or monetary value attached. As heirlooms get passed down over time, their mystique grows. In this workshop Cory Schneider, Women’s League Archives Chair, will share information to help answer these questions:
- What is an heirloom?
- What’s the difference between an heirloom and junk?
- How to pass down heirlooms and to who?
- How to preserve, store and digitize them?
- What are the best ways to tell their story?
- How to create new heirlooms (A huppah from dad’s favorite ties! Or one from pieces of clothing belonging to past generations! A brit pillow)?
- How to display heirlooms and some ideas of what to do with collections?
- What about heirlooms you don’t want?
If you don’t think you have heirlooms or don’t know what to do with the heirlooms you have, this session is for you! You will leave this workshop full of ideas!
Participation in this program is a benefit of your membership.
Contact Cory Schneider