Services to Individuals
Click to register as an individual member.
LEARNING: Jewish study and ritual
- Women’s League Institutes: held in four regions, college-level courses taught by graduates/instructors of the Jewish Theological Seminary and Ziegler Institute
- The Hiddur Mitzvah Project: enhance the observance of mitzvot with family projects, study materials, and inspirational words
- Kolot BiK’dushah: a cadre of women qualified to read Torah and/or lead services. Members are approved by their rabbis/cantors.
- Gemilut Hasadim Pocket Cards that describe acts of loving kindness that anyone can perform.
- New Hebrew Word Guide: translations, transliterations, and usage of most used Hebrew words and phrases
- Count Your Blessings: popular blessings in Hebrew, translation and transliteration
LIVING: Crafts, books, celebrations
- Leadership Institutes: semi-annual three-day, intensive personal development conferences
- Creative Judaic Arts projects: Members of Women’s League have been designing beautiful projects that fulfill the mitzvah of hiddur mitzvah (enhancing the observance of mitzvot) for many years. Each year the CJA committee adds new projects to the archive
- BookMarks: a semi-annual publication listing new books of interest, interviews with authors. For individuals and book groups
- Annual Calendar/Diary: Pocket sized calendar with Shabbat and holiday listings, candle lighting times in cities in the United States, Canada and Israel, prayers and blessings, locations of sisterhoods in North America and congregations in Israel
LINKING: Connecting woman to woman and to the Conservative Movement
- WLCJNet: an online listserve that has become a virtual sisterhood of hundreds of women around the world
- Distance Workshops: conference call and webinar format on budgeting, book clubs, programming, public advocacy, image building, keruv (outreach)
- CJ: Voices of Conservative/Masorti Judaism: quarterly magazine of the Conservative movement
- Torah Fund Campaign: Supports the preeminent institutions of Jewish learning in the Conservative movement: the Jewish Theological Seminary (NYC), Ziegler School of Rabbinic Studies (LA), and Schechter Institute (Jerusalem)
SHARING: Social Action/Public Policy/World Affairs/Israel
- BaOlam: world affairs and public policy blog
- Women’s League Resolutions on world affairs, public policy and Israel
- Missions to Israel
- Annual Days of Study in conjunction with the Masorti movement and Schechter Institute in Jerusalem
- Special relationships with Masorti congregations
News & Events
MERCAZ Canada, MERCAZ USA and Women’s League Announce Essay Contest
Theme of this year’s essay competition: Women in Zionism - Past and Present. Learn more. click here
Z'havah and Leadership Institutes
Women's League is sponsoring the first Z'havah Institute at the American Jewish University on January 12, 2014.
The 25th Leadership Institute will be January 26, 2014, in Maitland Florida.
Learn more. click here
Jewels in the Crown Award applications are now available
Mishpachah: The Modern Jewish Family
The newest installment - Orpah's List and Orpah's Kids - is now available. click here
Wellness & Learning Network for Tevet 5774
Stress: Challenge yourself and a traditional solution.
To download, please click here
Orpah's List Selection for 2013 Announced
Learn more about The Mothers
by Jennifer Gilmore. click here