Are the young women in your congregation looking for:
- Interaction with their peers?
- Jewish study on their level?
- Opportunities to help others?
- Friendship and camaraderie?
- Support and encouragement?
- Parenting tips?
- Leadership skills?
- Play groups, childcare, help finding the right school?
Z’havah gives younger members of Women's League sisterhoods a point of focus and connection with the larger organization. It is a mechanism to reach younger, unaffiliated women who are not yet aware of Sisterhood.
Women's League's resources and contacts are available to help design activities to attract younger women to your Sisterhood.
Each region includes Z’havah programming at its conferences and meetings and assists sisterhoods in organizing smaller scale activities directed to the interests of younger women.
The Z'havah Planner and Z'havah Newsletters are available for downloading by members of Women's League.
Mission - The mission of Z’havah is to promote and develop future leaders by assisting sisterhoods to attract and involve younger women, bringing them together and enabling them to create a variety of activities directed to their interests.
2013 Z'havah Additional Program Ideas from around the Women's League network
- Get Crafty, with thanks to Montebello JC Sisterhood, Suffern, New York
- Let's Dish, with thanks to Congregation Beth El, Voorhees, New Jersey
- Biking with Z'havah, B'nai Israel, La Jolla, California
- Twisted Sisters: Everything you "knead" to know about making challah
- Crock Pot Shabbat
- Seaboard Region Newsletter
- BQLI newsletter information
- St. Augustine Z'havah Tour, Jacksonville Jewish Center, Jacksonville, Florida
From Z’havah Young Sisterhood Valley Beth Shalom, Encino, CA:
News & Events
Convention 2012 Proceedings Now Available
14th National Masorti Women’s Study Day in Jerusalem
Women’s League for Conservative Judaism, Schechter Institute and the Masorti movement present the 14th National Masorti Women’s Study Day in Jerusalem to any members of Women's League who will be in Israel on June 21. click here
Come to Israel with Women's League
October 21 to November 3, 2013 - this is a trip you do not want to miss! Click below for more information. click here
Women's League joins with the leadership of Conservative Judaism in the United States in expressing a need for more effective gun control. We also ask for your signature on a petition issued by the JCPA expressing our community’s pain and resolve to enact comprehensive reform, including meaningful legislation to limit access to assault weapons and ensure access to quality mental health care for all who need it. click here